Vehicle Platform Controls Engineer at Ike
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 16, 2020
Ike’s mission is to make trucks safer, truckers more valuable, and trucking more efficient. We are bringing together the world’s leading experts in transportation and robotics to transform the way the world moves and build a real commercial product at scale.
About Your Team
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for the architecture, integration and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines. Systems Engineering works at the intersection of hardware and software with deep expertise in both.
About Your Role
The Vehicle Platform Controls Engineer is responsible for the safety-critical hardware and software interface between the autonomy system and the vehicle actuators. This role sits at the intersection of our autonomous system and the OEM/Tier 1 supplied hardware, and is both safety and mission critical.
About Your Work
- Develop and validate safety-critical control interfaces for future development platforms
- Develop and validate safety-critical means by which to impose and assure controller constraints
- Work closely with the Autonomy Controls Lead to define interfaces and command definitions between the Autonomy system and autonomy platform gateway
- Work with both internal and external engineering teams to establish a long-term roadmap for actuation strategy for future actuation platforms
- Expertise in vehicle dynamics and vehicle modeling
- Experience developing software for safety-critical applications
- Expertise in applied control theory
- Experience with software integration for both prototype and production systems
- Experience with plant characterization
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink (or other model-based software development toolchains) and auto-code generation
- Familiarity with embedded software development
Read Full Job Description