Vice President, Engineering
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B martech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Demandbase is looking for a talented hands-on VP of Platform Engineering. This is an excellent opportunity to join Demandbase’s world-class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your leadership and technical skills at one of the most innovative and progressive B2B marketing and advertising companies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead an Engineering team, including hiring, mentoring, growing, and empowering.
- Define team strategy and roadmaps for short and long terms.
- Work with key business stakeholders, product management and user experience to get clear business requirement and product requirement documents.
- Approve design documents, provide guidance on technical direction and, in general, always make sure your team has clarity on what they need to build.
- Drive engineering innovation and excellence.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis to build trust.
What we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of “technical” management experience at SaaS companies
- 10 of the 15+ years of experience should be in enterprise product companies
- 5+ years working on Engineering systems at scale (such as AWS, Tibco, database, GCP, Salesforce, Google, Oracle, SAP, or Servicenow)
- Previous co-founder of a startup that has made it through some customer traction (25+ customers or hundreds of users) and/or series A
- Built and owned at least one “real” platform (not just application) in their career
- Previously has been once a VP of Eng (or GM level at a scaled company like AWS or GCP or Servicemax etc...). GM’s are generally Senior Directors at these platform companies.
- Experienced managing a sizeable budget ($25M+)
- Exposure to big data/machine learning within your previous jobs (not just standard platform/application).
- Has managed complex data workflows or Data Scientists.
Why join us:
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization (we recently closed a $65M round of funding)
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.