VP Architectural Services at Unity Technologies
The Technology organization is seeking a VP of Architectural Services to provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of enterprise-wide technology at Unity. The impact to have is tremendous as you will partner with and influence all engineering Leaders and their organizations to align on Unity’s technology of tomorrow.
At Unity we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it, and the Technology organization’s mission is to ensure we provide each creator with the best technology and tools to realize their ambition. Reporting to the Senior Vice-President of Technology, this individual will lead through a central organization, Unity’s efforts towards application and service architecture systems.
The chosen candidate will have built credibility from having worked on applications or games that required better alignment and an architectural shift in order to meet a successful delivery.
- Drive for technological and architectural alignment between all engineering groups at Unity
- Formulate and implement strategy in line with the users’ pain-points and solutions
- Build relationships, inspire leaders and teams across Unity to align technology priorities and roadmaps in support of these solutions
- Engage in engineering processes and tools to make week-to-week execution effective, transparent and predictable
- Identify the open questions in our approach to architecture and technology, and work across Unity to decide and facilitate an effective approach
- Experience in leading the delivery of big applications or games to success
- Proven ability to influence others through driving for alignment towards a best solution
- Work collaboratively to make decisions on architecture and existing technologies
- Deliver immediate results and long term opportunities
- Lead in identifying and evaluating relevant new technologies to improve product and business results, including integrations with partners and investments to improve quality and scale
- Must be able to lead through empathy and respect
- Knowledge of the Unity Editor
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.