VP, Product Engineering at Credit Karma
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:01 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
In this exceptional leadership opportunity, you will lead Credit Karma’s Product Engineering team. Our Product Engineering team is responsible for empowering our members to make the best decisions for financial success. This includes: creating innovative new features, leveraging Credit Karma's core strengths of data, scale, and high engagement to help members. You will handle multiple engineering teams and have a significant impact within our company. You'll work closely with company partners, leaders and product managers to bring the product vision to fruition. We are a growing engineering team, yet we offer a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. If you're a results-oriented, technically confident leader who enjoys working with a lot of freedom, but knows how to take full ownership of a project and execute with quality, then this is the role you’ve been looking for.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Leads the vision, strategy and direction of Credit Karma's Product Engineering function.
- Encourage and lead teams to deliver data driven and strategic approaches that help optimize Credit Karma’s member-facing product and guide ongoing product decisions
- Participate heavily in Credit Karma’s executive team help set business strategy, represent product engineering, initiate and debate key strategic topics, and drive bold high-impact decisions
- Grow and expand your expert team with an eye toward diverse and forward-pushing skills that product engineering, security, and analytics
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is passionate, empathetic, and collaborative
- Lead strong partnerships with Credit Karma’s product management, engineering, design, and marketing teams
What's Great About It
- You’ll have a leading role in achieving a great mission: helping people reach their financial goals
- You’ll learn a lot and share a lot- we care about the art of engineering leadership
- You’ll face technically rewarding challenges abound such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Experience We're Looking For
- At least 10 years in Engineering and Engineering Leadership
- Strong leader who has managed, hired and grown engineering teams of 50+ team members
- Academic background in a technology or science-related field
- Experience working within a global company
- Experience with supporting product teams in a consumer tech industry
- Willingness to lead initiatives and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organisation
- Strong communication skills with engineers as well as your non-technical colleagues
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description