Accountant, Merchant Platform at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a full-time, detail-oriented Merchant Payable Accountant who will work closely with other accounting and finance team members. The accountant will play an integral role in tracking merchant payment related data and assisting with month end close, audit, and other ad-hoc projects as needed. The individual will be part of a growing accounting and finance team and will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in a growth and success-oriented environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing and posting journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Assist in tracking merchant platform related data
- Assist in month-end close and in preparing audit schedules
- Identifying areas of improvement or automation in current and new processes
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 1-4 years of progressive accounting or financial auditing experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Candidate is meticulous, organized, and comfortable with detail-oriented work
- Self-starter who works well in a dynamic environment
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving and a curious mind is preferred
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.