Accounting Lead at Affirm
The General Ledger team is a growing sub-team within the Accounting department, responsible for core day-to-day accounting. Working alongside Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting, we ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and timely, for ultimate reporting to management and investors. The Accounting Lead is a key player on our team, helping us to move faster as we grow. As a public company, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you'll join us during this exciting phase!
What you'll do
- You will prepare workpapers, journal entries, and reconciliations for key accounts in the areas of loans and loan servicing
- You will work closely with cross-functional teams to document and incorporate new transactions or processes into the GL
- You will project-manage cross-functional close improvement efforts as an individual contributor
- You will conduct flux analyses on your assigned accounts and assist the Strategic Finance group in understanding accounting treatment of new transactions
- You will help author procedural documentation and work to improve daily, monthly, and quarterly processes
- You will review work prepared by Sr. and Staff Accountants and assist in mentoring and coordinating members of the GL team on projects
What we look for
- You have recent experience in general ledger accounting at the Sr. Accountant or Accounting Manager level, or can demonstrate equivalent operational accounting abilities
- You are adaptable and will enjoy working on a rapidly growing team
- You are curious and love to find new ways of understanding problems or improving processes
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your thinking clearly
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA27
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.