Accounting Manager, Commissions Revenue at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a Manager, Commissions Revenue to join the accounting team
What you'll be doing:
- Manage daily operations, including month-end/year-end process and timing for commission revenue streams
- Making high-level strategic decisions and forward thinking recommendation for process improvements
- Oversee a team of revenue accountants and associate revenue accountants
- Partner closely with data analytics, engineers, and various teams within the company to implement reporting for new revenue streams or improve current systems
- Prepare or review the monthly reconciliations of payment processor cash receipts and PBCs
- Strengthen internal controls, enhance processes around revenue and related processes to accelerate close activities while maintaining accuracy and integrity in financial reporting
- Collaborate with SOX & Internal Audit and external auditors around key control documentation and evidence compliance requirements, and changes in internal control design as processes evolve
- Serve as the key contact with external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audits, including discussing technical revenue accounting assessment and internal control findings.
- Partner with Service Operations and FP&A teams to improve precision around revenue forecasting and metrics analyses, and development of revenue recognition policies
- Support ad hoc projects, including systems implementation and revenue process improvements related to revenue transformation.
• BA/BS/Master’s in Accounting or equivalent work experience, with a CPA license preferred but is not required
• Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ in a Supervisory role
• Operational accounting experience with one or more e-commerce companies
• An individual who can gather, summarize and analyze a significant amount of transactional data and make reasonable conclusions that facilitate key accounting and business decisions
• Demonstrate high levels of problem solving and experience with working on complex revenue schedules (or similar)
• Comprehensive understanding of US GAAP relating to ASC606, who can summarize the proper accounting treatment and processes in related memo’s, process workflows and process narratives
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to a fast pace environment while exhibiting accounting, analytical skills, leadership, and critical thinking
• Able to multi-task, has strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
• Demonstrates high degree of accuracy
• Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system
• Expert Excel/data mining is required
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.