Accounting Manager, Financial Operations at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.About the Team
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a strategic, operational minded individual to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting team. This role will lead accounting projects aimed at improving efficiencies and controls, support our month end close as well as integrate and operationalize new strategic partnerships and markets. This individual will report to the Controller and can be located in either the San Francisco, CA or Denver, Co office. The ideal candidate is not only strong in accounting, but has a background in implementing scalable processes in a fast paced, high growth environment, and the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and work cross functionally to deliver results.Accelerate your career as you:
- Lead accounting projects aimed at increasing scalability, governance and automation
- Support the business in operationalizing new strategic partnerships and launch of new markets into accounting records
- Manage the launch of new strategic initiatives by working cross functionally with business stakeholders in order to ensure the proper accounting processes and treatment are developed
- Develop policies, processes and controls to mitigate operational and financial risks
- Lead effort in implementing process and controls over accounting for 340B, leases, capitalized software, etc.
- Support month-end close process including preparation of financial analysis, reconciliations and flux reports
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
- Oversee maintenance of user access and roles in financial systems
- Support external audits
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA/CA or equivalent
- At least 6 years of progressive accounting experience
- Big four or national accounting firm experience is required and at least 1+ years of industry experience
- Accounting experience to include working at a mid-sized or large, public and high volume, consumer/retail experience (preferred)
- Experience with developing scalable, efficient and controlled processes
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Collaborative working style and ability to work cross functionally
- Experience with ERP system implementation a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.