Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to be a great addition to our finance team. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for month-end close and periodic financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, annual), periodic/annual audits, and ad-hoc projects. This individual should be well-versed in technical accounting under U.S. GAAP. This is a hands-on position requiring a deep knowledge of accounting rules to be able to suggest and/or create policies and procedures that keep pace with the growth of the company as well as maintain compliance to U.S. GAAP financial reporting.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do:
- Manage various aspects of accounting, reporting, and compliance, including facilitating the end-to-end process of financial close, reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations during month end close, collaborating with business owners and Finance functional peers in AP, AR/Revenue, FinOps, Payroll, Tax, FP&A, etc., prepare/review requests from auditors, prepare/review technical accounting memos, among others
- Build reports for multiple stakeholders (internal and external), including trend/flux analysis
- Grow as an individual contributor into functionally supervising a team of 3 staff accountants; effectively lead and train on various accounting concepts and best practices
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures, financial systems, and controls
- Be a key member in managing audit, tax, and valuation engagements with third party firms
- Actively partner with other business operations and departments to build scalable processes and drive best practices
- Support finance management and internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc projects
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Active CPA certification
- 5+ years of public accounting experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong practical knowledge in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office solutions
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational mindset
- Excellent communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description