Accounting Manager at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving. Together, we laugh hard, snack harder and work together to drive innovation at the intersection of tech and transportation.
About The Role:
The Accounting Manager will be a key member of the Accounting team and will report directly to the Controller. The Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures. You will work in the San Francisco headquarters and direct accounts payables, and the financial reporting process. In addition, the role will enforce the current financial reporting policies and the implementation and improvement of internal controls.
- Oversee all accounting related tasks including General Ledger entries, Cost Accounting, Consolidations, Accounts Payable, and Compliance
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Lead day-to-day interaction with independent auditors and tax preparers, when necessary
- Develop, implement, and document necessary financial accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Provide the leadership, structure and vision needed for the Accounting team to excel
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Work collaboratively across departmental functions, providing actionable insights to help improve optimal business decisions
- BA/ BS degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent field with a CPA
- 6+ years of total experience including at least 3 years in a corporate environment
- Big four public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience performing or managing an audit
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Netsuite, Zuora, and Salesforce.com
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.