About the role
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team. The Manager will be a member of a small, agile, focused Accounting team, working closely and in collaboration on a day-to-day basis with the Controller and, as projects may require, directly with the CFO.
In this role, you can expect to
- Month-end close activities: Perform and review monthly accounting close activities as assigned, including managing junior staff members
- Collaborate with various departments on accruals and other monthly close areas
- Research, analyze, and interpret complex technical accounting issues and new accounting standards
- Continuously improve our processes, systems, and documentation as part of SOX readiness and testing
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports
- Help document, implement, and maintain appropriate accounting policies, processes, and internal controls
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Support annual audits performed by external auditors
- Identify opportunities for process improvements; suggest and implement improvements to scale and automate manual procedures and computations
- Assist management in completing special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis
To thrive in this role, you have
- A Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 7+ years of accounting or finance experience are required. Big 4 public accounting preferred
- Proven working experience as an Accounting Manager
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results
- Proficiency in Excel required; NetSuite ERP system experience a plus
- A CPA or be CPA candidate with strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to contribute as a team player with a positive attitude, who is proactive and accountable
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors, including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.