Accounting Manager at Volta Charging
!Sorry, this job was removed at 6:29 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 21, 2020
At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide free electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are free-to-use, free to our property partners, and monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Finance Team. You will use your experience and knowledge of fast-growing companies to help deliver innovative, high-quality solutions that meet the needs of our internal and external stakeholders and keep pace with our fast-growing business.
This role will have significant influence over and responsibilities for the monthly close cycle, GL accounting setting up internal process and controls, and partnering with cross functional teams to ensure the accounting team is in synch with the fast-paced business teams. You will help stand up a world class accounting function, complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and assist with ad hoc projects for senior leadership.
This position will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report to VP Controller.
- Support monthly closing activities by preparing, verifying, and entering accurate journal entries for all GL areas
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations
- Perform monthly reconciliations for GL accounts ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal policies
- Be primary point of contact for US GL accounting matters, month end close and management reporting
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of account balances and classifications. Analyzes changes in balance sheet and income statement accounts and makes recommendations to correct errors as appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of various supporting schedules and analyses for internal financial, external financial, tax, audit, and examination processes, including audited financial statement
- Assist in documenting internal processes/controls as well as identifying actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies
- Design, refine and optimize assigned accounts monthly close procedures, taking into consideration all necessary dependencies, and execute timely and accurately in global month-end close activities
- Support annual audits and quarterly reviews with external vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Other Business related
- 3+ years public accounting experience, with a CPA
- 3 - 5+ years of relevant progressive corporate accountant experience (or 5+ years in public accounting with industry focus below)
- Experience in the manufacturing, construction, or media industries
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and proven experience with SOX compliance
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Advanced excel, SQL, or other query language & understanding of the use of databases to generate faster reporting/insights a plus
- High energy, ability to multitask, be agile and work well in a dynamic startup environment
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple priorities
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Takes initiative to resolve business issues impacting the financial statements in a proactive, independent manner
Read Full Job Description