It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for an Accounting Manager to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.About the Role
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits
- Shared ownership of full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations within the established close timeline
- Assist in managing the preparation of monthly financial reporting for management and U.S. GAAP presentation, including tie-outs to underlying detail
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Oversee GL functions including payroll, accounts payable, and international
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 6+ years of accounting experience, with required experience in relevant industry public company
- 3+ years experience in managing and developing staff
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, GSuite preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.