Accounts Payable Specialist
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our growing Accounting team. This group is responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting operations, financial reporting, payroll processing, and employee expense management and for performing financial analysis throughout the company. This would be a great opportunity for you if you are a process-oriented individual who is also flexible & thrives in a startup setting. You’ll love getting your 'hands dirty', have a strong work ethic, but also see the big picture.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Process all invoices across the company into Bill.com ensuring proper coding and approval routing
- Communicate with vendors and resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation and determining appropriate adjustments
- Manage the AP aging on a weekly basis and as part of the month end close process
- Follow-up and track any pending invoices during month-end close
- Responsible for processing employee expenses accurately and timely, responding and resolving any candidate queries from our Recruiting team ensuring compliance with company policy
- Responsible for monthly corporate card reconciliation and investigating any reconciliation items accurately and timely
- Assist with internal/external audit requests
- Participate in the Monthly/Quarterly/Annual closing process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and tasks as needed
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Associates Degree or higher
- 2+ years of related accounting experience required, preferably working within a rapidly growing start-up company
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word and GSuite
- Bill.com & Expensify experience a plus
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
- Ability to multi-task, follow-up on pending matters clearly and concisely communicate both written and verbally with exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively interact with employees across the organization
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.