Assistant Controller at NextRoll
NextRoll is seeking an Assistant Controller to join its Finance organization. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter eager to help lead and manage a best-in-class accounting function. In this role you’ll have direct oversight of key finance operations and technical accounting functions. The role will be critical to supporting NextRoll’s next phase of growth and profitability.
This role is open in our San Francisco office or remote.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- Develop, communicate and monitor adherence to company-wide revenue contract policies and practices to ensure compliance with US GAAP and achieve company objectives
- Manage day-to-day operations and team members of the revenue accounting function
- Research, document and communicate conclusions on the technical US GAAP accounting for nonroutine and complex transactions and lead the implementation of new accounting standards
- Drive key aspects of the annual audit process including preparation of technical memos
- Manage relationships with external partners, including our auditors and key strategic vendor partners
- Become a key partner to FP&A, HR, Legal, Sales and Account Management to build effective global accounting policies and operating processes that both mitigate risk and positively impact the P&L
- 8+ years of relevant work experience; Big Four audit experience a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent (e.g. Chartered Accountant)
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, particularly ASC 606 revenue recognition
- Experience working with or in a US public company, particularly in a SOX controlled environment, a major plus
- Strong bias towards execution and proven ability to clearly and concisely implement new processes and effectively communicate with a global team
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, a growth marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.