Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a full-time system savvy and detail-oriented Junior Inventory/Cost Accountant who will work closely with other accounting and finance team members. The accountant will play an integral role to manage all inventory aspects. This person is also a key player in assisting the Accounting team with month-end closing and account reconciliations, audit, and any ad hoc projects as needed. This is a great role for someone who is looking to continue their growth in an accounting career.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage inventory quantities and costs and prepare month-end close journal entries, inventory valuation and inventory roll-forward
- Reconcile inventory, receivables, revenue, deferred revenue and cost of sales accounts to the general ledger
- Monitor systems to assure timely inventory transaction costing in accordance with Company accounting policy
- Work closely and proactively with various groups domestically and internationally to ensure that inventory transactions flow smoothly and consistently with financial and management reporting requirements
- Liaise with the external auditors for the provision of audit related requests and resolution of any issues related to inventory
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as assigned
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other Web based Applications
- Understanding of US GAAP concepts relating to inventory, accounts receivable, revenue and cost of sales
- Experience with NetSuite, or other ERP system is preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with emphasis on exceptional excel knowledge
- Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrates high degree of accuracy with detail-oriented work
- 1-2 year minimum accounting experience
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.