Associate, Strategic Finance at DoorDash
This is a key role on the Finance team as it builds best in class financial infrastructure and practices that will scale as the company grows. This role will require financial acumen and expert modeling skills to execute on the Finance team’s vision. The ideal candidate must combine financial and technical/analytical literacy with strong problem solving skills to build trust among the finance and business teams. The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to grow professionally and have a front row seat to strategic and tactical decision making.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Actionable Financial reporting – build corporate finance reports that support daily, weekly and monthly reporting cadences and review meetings that highlight key insights to facilitate decision making
- End-to-end analysis and reporting for key strategic projects - constantly improve visibility into performance of Company and business lines, iterate on forecasts and understand variance to actuals
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, refine existing models, and break down complex models into components
- Forecasting & Budgeting - work with functional business leads to plan and measure how resources are deployed, both at the company and department level. Define and track OKRs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned to support broader business objectives
- Build financial systems and process – support the building and implementation of financial systems and processes that help scale us from start-up to enterprise
- Innovate - we push the boundaries of traditional finance roles. Maintain a growth mindset and be ready to embrace new technical skills and challenges
- Special projects - new initiatives and opportunities always come up
- Expert Excel skills - your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity, and are able to build for all audiences. Best practices are second nature
- Strong Finance acumen, ability and experience to think about financial outcomes and to ensure each dollar is spent wisely
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Cross-functional relationships and effective communication to non-financial audiences are critical to make an impact
- Self-starter - you always look for ways to innovate and improve, and dont need to wait for people to tell you what to work on. You can’t help but ask what, why and how
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment- you thrive in dynamic environments and are able to operate with limited information and guidance at times
- Attention to detail meets high output - we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
- An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.