Associate Underwriter at Funding Circle
Position at Funding Circle US
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
We have teams in London, Denver, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to build new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
Are you made to do more? Join us!
We are seeking a smart, passionate and hard-working Credit Specialist/Associate Underwriter to join our quickly expanding team. The ideal candidate will be both experienced and confident in making lending decisions to small businesses. You will join a highly motivated team and you will be afforded substantial responsibility and opportunity for growth from day one.
As an Associate Underwriter you will…
- Evaluating Loan Applications: Your main focus will be to analyze borrower's’ creditworthiness and make lending decisions. Using our proprietary credit model and your own underwriting expertise, you will analyze financial statements, information provided in borrowers’ loan applications, credit bureau information and other third party data to determine whether or not we should fund a particular loan.
- Improving Underwriting Process and Policy: You will work closely with our Borrower Sales and Product Teams to improve the underwriting process. You will also work to optimize the application and funding experience for borrowers, while identifying areas in need of further control.
- Credit Risk Model and Underwriting Policy Improvement: You will be active in providing feedback to the risk modeling teams and suggestions on how to strengthen our underwriting models and policies.
You’ve been there and done this…
- At least 2 years of experience in consumer or commercial lending, preferably in small business or SBA underwriting or credit risk analysis
- Interpreting financial information in the context of small business credit quality
- Knowledge of financial statement components and understanding of key risk drivers
- Strong communication skills and an ability and desire to act as the outward face of Funding Circle
- Ability to “think creatively” and suggest changes to processes in order to improve efficiency and impact while having an appreciation for control and prudence
- Ability to plan and organize workload to ensure consistent achievement of goals and targets
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment
- Identification with our mission: 'To Build a Better Financial World'
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.