Billing Coordinator at Ginger
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle.
Ginger is transforming how behavioral healthcare is delivered by making it easy for people to get the behavioral health support they need, when they need it, through on-demand coaching, teletherapy, telepsychiatry, and guided self-care — all from the privacy of a smartphone
Businesses purchase Ginger for their employee’s or member’s benefit. With Ginger, people around the world receive immediate emotional support that’s personalized to their needs, and completely confidential. Ginger’s high-quality, team-based care works — 70% of people show significant improvement after 12 weeks of using Ginger.
At Ginger, people are at the heart of what we do. We believe that diverse and inclusive teams make our company better. Teams with individuals that bring different perspectives to challenges are more innovative, collaborative, and create better solutions and better companies. We’re building a workplace that actively embraces a diversity of people, ideas, talents, and experiences. Come join us!
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
- Ensure patient demographics, employer/insurance information, appropriate assignment of ICD-10-CM code(s) and CPT code(s) are entered accurately and timely into EHR
- Coordinate with billing partner, health plans and Ginger’s behavioral health providers to ensure proper electronic claims submission, including assisting with obtaining valid and missing billing information
- Track, facilitate and resolve open and denied claims until proper and timely submission to health insurance claims
- Generate claims reports and progress on claims management
- Facilitate patient payments collection, including creating encrypted patient statements
- Collaborate and communicate responsively with internal and external teams on billing questions as they arise
- Process clinician payments, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data entry and electronic input
- Assist with meeting billing productivity goals
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, state and federal standards for privacy, billing and coding
- BA/BS in Social Sciences or related field; or equivalent work experience in a health care environment
- 2-4 years of experience in health insurance billing in a healthcare setting preferred
- Experience with a dynamic, challenging, and fast-paced environment a plus
- Strong working knowledge of G-Suite and organizational skills required
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excelling in a scaling start-up environment
- Self-directed & motivated
- High Emotional Intelligence and empathy
- Genuine connection to Ginger’s mission and behavioral health