Capital Markets Director at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Capital Markets team as a Sr. Manager! Affirm Capital Markets is responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing strategy for funding our loans - a complex role essential to the functioning of a modern bank. The ideal candidate will understand how a lending business works and have extensive knowledge of debt funding strategies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills and the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Develop a strong understanding of Affirm’s business and how Capital Markets fits into broader corporate initiatives
- Analyze the performance of Affirm’s loan book and evaluate the impact of various funding strategies on the broader corporate goals
- Play a meaningful role in the development and enhancement of the funding strategy
- Lead deal processes including sourcing investors, structuring, negotiating, and executing
- Develop and build relationships with existing and potential capital partners
- Work with Engineering, Product, Commercial, and Risk teams to help drive Capital Markets initiatives
What we look for
- 9-10+ years of experience in debt capital markets at an ABS issuer (including online lending platforms), investment bank, hedge fund, or asset manager
- Exposure to / knowledge of various types of asset-backed financing transactions, including warehouse facilities, loan sales, and/or securitizations
- BA/BS degree in business, finance, economics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Experience with SQL or Python is a plus
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Humility and a strong desire to learn and grow
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.