Compliance Analyst, Financial Products
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
The Compliance team is seeking a Compliance Analyst to support the company’s compliance activities for its financial services product offerings. Based in San Francisco, CA, this individual will contribute to our compliance efforts by working with our Compliance Lead to ensure our compliance program operates effectively at scale.
In the role you'll work closely with our Product, Business, and Operations teams to provide compliance guidance and solutions related to consumer protection regulations and other applicable laws. This position will be responsible for maintaining and testing policies and procedures required to support compliance with laws governing lending compliance. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the production of various reports used by internal stakeholders and Senior Management.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, an expert in consumer regulatory compliance, comfortable managing complex projects and processes, and have outstanding communication skills.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Support our Legal & Compliance team with both larger strategic projects and day to day Compliance Management System activities including ongoing compliance monitoring, compliance training, policy and procedure management, issues management, and complaints handling and reporting.
- Work with our Operations team to support and continuously improve our compliance processes, controls, and documentation as needed to align with new or revised laws, rules, or regulations.
- Research and respond to internal stakeholders on complex compliance issues.
- Support our Compliance Lead on all third party audits or regulatory examinations.
- Additional support of our Legal & Compliance team as needed.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 3-5 years of compliance, advisory/assurance and/or risk management experience with a preference for fintech compliance experience
- Experience and comfort navigating State and Federal regulatory compliance requirements (consumer regulations such as Reg B/ECOA, FDCPA, TILA, UDAAP, Reg E, etc).
- Experience handling and reporting consumer complaints, compliance monitoring/testing, and strong understanding of operations at a financial services/financial technology company
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with a get-stuff-done attitude
- A knack for spotting issues and solving problems
- Someone passionate about financial inclusion and the mission that Gusto’s on - to create a world where work empowers a better life!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.