Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
This role is based out of San Francisco.
As a Compliance Operations Specialist at Chime you’ll be joining our fast-growing compliance operations team. You’ll immerse yourself by learning how current laws and regulations affect Chime and its members. You’ll work closely with both internal and external risk, legal and member services teams to ensure we’re mitigating our regulatory risk via account investigation, program control oversight, and policy testing. Help us ensure our members get the safest and best experience Chime can provide!
As Chime continues to grow its business, we’re looking to create a streamlined approach to identity and compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements including ID Verification (IDV), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD). You’ll work across the organization to support the integration of our Compliance Program as we continue to roll-out amazing products for our members. Together you’ll work with a high-performing team on building and executing processes, protocols and tools to protect our business as we continue to grow the culture of compliance within Chime!
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of the KYC/IDV/CDD function
- Partner with internal teams, such as data analytics, product, engineering, and operations, to develop compliance tools and workflows for KYC
- Provide KYC subject matter expertise to the business and other stakeholders
- Perform the ongoing monitoring of key controls to measure the overall health of the KYC program
- Create the customer risk rating methodology for stratifying members and determine appropriate risk responses to each category
- Provide guidance on key AML risks identified through due diligence reviews
- Create processes for handling higher-risk customers and ensure appropriate execution of those processes by our operations and escalation team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on regulatory changes and industry landscape
- Maintain relationships with relevant vendors
- Conduct reviews and queries of Chime’s internal systems and databases
- Work with and suggest improvement for tools and software to better track, test, and promote compliance
- Assess and execute on any remediation plans proposed by business stakeholders if violations or exceptions are identified
- Contribute to compliance management reports to keep senior management and stakeholders aware of compliance issues and trends
- Assist with other special projects as needed
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in financial services, preferably in compliance, risk management, trust and safety, and/or audit roles
- Have a strong ability to build relationships as well as establish trust and credibility with your colleagues through excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Possess strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Want to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Have advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills (basic SQL or experience with Looker is a plus!)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.