At HouseCanary, we’re using data and analytics to predict the future of US residential real estate. Our goal is to help people make better decisions by offering innovative and unparalleled insights. HouseCanary’s platform accurately forecasts values 36 months into the future for four million residential blocks and more than 100 million properties.
We're seeking a passionate Controller to help manage our accounting operations and lead our department as we continue to grow!
What you'll do:
- Ownership of all aspects of the day-to-day accounting function, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial close, and reporting cycles
- Collaborate with other departments including sales and finance to provide management team with vital information for making strategic business decisions
- Evaluate current accounting procedures, operations, and systems and implement process improvements as needed
- Coordinate period and year end budget process with finance including financial planning, modeling, and forecasting
- Drive month-end close, including account reconciliations and financial statement analyses
- Prepare for annual tax returns and filings; facilitate with outside advisors
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience
- In-house accounting experience - big four public accounting experience a plus
- Deep understanding of revenue recognition best practices
- Extensive experience with accounting, ERP, and reporting systems including NetSuite, Salesforce, and Tableau
- Advanced understanding of productivity software including Excel, Airtable, and Sheets
- Communicative and collaborative approach
- Impressive organizational skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in accounting or a similar field
- Willingness to learn
Special consideration given for:
- Experience with Zuora
- Fantastic sense of humor
HouseCanary is the authoritative source for accurate, uniform information, analyzed and visualized real-time to make better, faster decisions.
HouseCanary - one platform, infinite insights.
Read Full Job Description