Corporate Development Associate
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the role
We’re seeking a Corporate Development Associate to focus on sourcing, evaluating, negotiating, and executing M&A and other strategic transactions across existing and future product areas. As an early member of our lean, but highly visible and impactful Corporate Strategy and Development Team, you will play a key part in driving Chime’s growth and strategy. We are looking for someone who excels at collaborating cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Business, Legal, Finance, and People, driving decisions, participating in negotiations, and facilitating post-acquisition integration.
- Partner closely with Executive, Product, Engineering and other teams to develop an M&A strategy that will accelerate the company’s product roadmap, growth trajectory, and financial targets
- Source, screen, diligence, analyze and help negotiate M&A transactions, including talent-centric opportunities
- Develop key relationships with external parties (investors, bankers, companies and other industry stakeholders) to bring knowledge of market trends and acquisition targets
- Communicate strategic recommendations and help build consensus with the Executive team
- Contribute to post-transaction integration planning and processes with internal stakeholders
- Play a key role in preparing the company to successfully complete financing rounds
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or PE / VC; prior experience at a high-growth technology, payments, or FinTech startup a plus
- Prior M&A transaction experience required
- Exceptional research, analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently execute on projects with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.