Corporate Finance Manager
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale and accelerate the growth of our business. We combine analytical and strategic thinking in partnership with teams across the company to improve our business model. We partner across the business to efficiently grow, delivering financial predictability, business accountability and insights to optimize decisions and resourcing. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from inception through execution. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to help define and lead impactful initiatives as we focus on global expansion.About the Role
This fast-paced role provides a unique opportunity to drive finance business partnership and strategy at a hyper-growth company. We are looking for a Finance Manager who will play an integral role in all strategic People-related decisions. This role will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business including Real Estate, Workplace Services, Physical Security, Accounting, New Business Verticals, and Finance in order to support strategic business and financial decisions. This person will wear many hats, including developing our workforce strategy- from providing leadership across headcount planning on a global scale, to developing our strategy for our workplace footprint around the world. We are looking for someone with well-rounded FP&A experience who has partnered or led projects across multiple organizations (Corporate, Finance, Recruiting, HR). You will provide strategic decision-making support for the short-term and long-term growth of the company, and should have strong interpersonal skills, executive management partnership, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
You are a manager and doer, providing financial leadership and analytical support to business partners and other members of the finance team. This role will be responsible for managing the financial analysis and reporting to influence executive management’s decision making toward DoorDash’s overall people and Real Estate portfolio goals.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build trusted relationships with key business partners and Finance / Accounting
- Create detailed financial models that track and analyze costs to drive the annual planning process
- Continue to drive process improvement and scalability by developing repeatable business, operational and financial processes widely understood by all key stakeholders
- Manage the forecasting and budgeting processes for multiple teams (monthly and quarterly forecasts, headcount reporting, and scenario modeling)
- Provide key finance support to the leadership team of G&A functions, like Real Estate & Workplace Services organization
- Help to develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Prepare monthly variance analysis to understand and react to short-term budget surpluses/deficits
- Build monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, distilling key trends, assessing business risk, and communicating key messages to management
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis and presentation of strategic materials for management
- You have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- You have 5+ years of FP&A work experience, or relative field experience
- You have experience with supporting/managing budgets for major functional areas within an organization
- You have experience building financial and decision support models, along with strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally and an ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- You possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way
- You have an intellectual curiosity, fueled by a proactive approach to continuously expand one's skillset
- You are highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
- You have advanced Excel skills
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.