Plaid’s mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Using our industry-leading platform, developers can interact with end-user financial data to build the next generation of financial applications. Our products allow businesses to improve conversion, verify ownership and identity, assess risk, and reduce fraud. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal.
Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised over $300M of equity capital from major venture capital firms such as New Enterprise Associates, Kleiner Perkins, and Andreesen Horowitz as well financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, and American Express.
Plaid’s Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to enable sustainable, scalable growth and to ensure attractive long-term economics. As the second FP&A hire, you will work closely with the Head of FP&A to build the team and strategy from the ground up, lead financial forecasting and reporting, and partner with senior leaders across the business to ensure Plaid achieves its short and long-term financial objectives.
What Excites You
- Partner with the Head of FP&A to design and lead all aspects of consolidated forecasting and reporting up to the Executive team and Board of Directors
- Partner with leaders across the entire organization to develop strategy and corresponding financial targets
- Regularly track and manage the investments/spend that fuel continued growth
- Own and improve upon Plaid’s integrated 3-statement financial model that underpins FP&A’s core deliverables
- Design monthly and quarterly financial reports and dashboards with actionable insights and KPIs for Plaid’s leadership
- Implement systems and processes to scale planning & reporting across teams and geographies
What Excites Us
- 6+ years of experience in finance organizations demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Prior Corporate Finance role at high-growth SaaS or platform companies, ideally pre-and post-IPO
- Ability to build strong relationships, influence decisions, and drive alignment on financial targets
- Expert modeling skills, including buildout of full-company operating and financial models
- Strong familiarity with FP&A systems (e.g. Anaplan) and experience with Netsuite and Salesforce
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- SQL experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description