Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
In 2009, we set out to image the entire world every day. Eleven years and almost 200 satellites later, we’ve released a geospatial platform, achieved daily, global imaging capacity, and are hard at work analyzing our data to deliver insights. These are the types of challenges that get us excited and we’re looking for colleagues who share our passion. We are a community that is less about what you get, and more about what you give. We have a culture of generosity, responsibility and intentionality, towards each other and towards the planet. Most of all, we are a community dedicated to solving tough problems and being a voice for our planet.
About the Role:
Planet seeks a Director of Corporate Development to help the company become the consolidator in the Earth Observation ecosystem, both in the aerospace and cloud-native geospatial sectors. As the Director of Corporate Development, you will help define how strategic M&A, Joint Ventures, and other strategic partnerships can help accelerate the product roadmap and drive growth for Planet. You will identify acquisition targets based on our strategic framework and help execute the deal processes from start to close. In this role you will be the champion of execution, ensuring clear and focused plans, and ultimately bringing innovative products to market. This position will report to the Vice President of Corporate Development at Planet.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Partner with the Executive and Product teams to identify how Corporate Development can help accelerate company strategy
- Support the entirety of the M&A process including strategy, sourcing, diligence, negotiation, and execution with support from large cross-functional teams
- Conduct thorough financial analysis to assess company valuation and synergy opportunities
- Prepare and give business reviews to executive leadership team regarding progress and roadblocks
- Develop best practices for diligence, valuation, negotiation and integration
- Responsible for shaping strategy by identifying key industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners
- Instill a customer-first culture centered around placing Planet customers at the forefront of every business decision
What You Bring:
- 10+ years of Corporate Development at a high-growth technology company
- Experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital management consulting, or corporate development at a technology company or similar experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills including financial and company valuation analyses
- The ability to excel across a wide variety of work including strategy, sourcing, analysis, negotiation, and integration
- Proven track record of sophisticated problem solving, attention to detail, and delivering results cross-functionally including evaluating, executing and integrating acquisitions
- Understanding of all Corporate Development functions and how they work together to maximize growth
- Experience effectively communicating strategic objectives and action plans to multiple teams across a variety of functions
- Strong leadership experience and ability to work with colleagues across multiple disciplines and in geographically dispersed locations
- Deep understanding of Planet’s mission and customer values, needs, and goals
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.#LI-MS1#LI-REMOTE