Director, Corporate FP&A at Unity Technologies
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Unity is looking for a Director, Corporate FP&A leader to join our Finance team. In this role, you will partner closely with FP&A and top level executives and stakeholders across the company as you manage our strategic long range strategic planning process, lead the annual budgeting process and monthly / quarterly forecast cadence, drive performance reporting and analysis and grow and develop a team of top-flight professionals. You will partner closely with the VP of FP&A, CEO and CFO to plan and allocate resources supporting the company’s strategic initiatives.
We’re looking for a proven leader with the business acumen to translate findings into actionable recommendations, and the EQ to build consensus and drive strategic projects to fruition. The successful candidate will challenge the status-quo to drive business insights and continuous improvement, be data and results oriented, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high degree of comfort with financial analysis and a knack for making the complex simple. An ability to develop and grow a high-performing team, develop strong collaborative relationships across matrixed teams, and be comfortable with frequent senior leader interaction is key for success in this role
Excellent communication skills, prior people management experience, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment rounds out the successful candidate’s profile.
- Manage our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts, and the underlying financial planning models, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with leadership across Unity to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives and key decision processes
- Drive alignment on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business results and evaluate the health of the business
- Drive organizational accountability through performance management of operating expenses and productivity initiatives
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting / dashboards for executives and Board of Directors--analyze financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk and operating performance, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Manage a team with a proactive servant / leader mindset, building team culture to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the FP&A function
- Experience in corporate planning, business finance, investment banking, management consulting or related fields
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications; and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- A proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes, and to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and to build strong working relationships
- A proclivity for working in fast-paced environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience leading, developing and mentoring finance professionals, growing future leaders and inspiring high performing teams
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting and revenue recognition principles underlying SaaS businesses
- Experience with SaaS business models, metrics and KPIs
- Experience with financial systems and BI tools such as Adaptive, NetSuite, Workday Financials
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; MBA preferred
- MBA / advanced degree
- Experience in gaming or ads-based business models
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.