Director of Equity Administration at Chime
About the role
We're looking for a hands-on Equity Administration Director who will oversee our equity plans. You'll partner closely with the Legal and People Team to ensure that processes and roles are aligned to support the Company’s rapid growth. You'll also serve as a point of contact for all internal and external inquiries.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Prepare grant files, timely and accurately process new grants (including the delivery of stock agreements) as well as varied transactions with a strong know-how of accounting, legal, and tax implications
- Review proposed secondary sale activity by current and former employees and evaluate Chime’s preferences to exercise ROFR or transfer restrictions by communicating with Finance (CFO), Legal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with FP&A and HR teams to develop appropriate and feasible equity compensation plans including evergreen, refresher, performance-based, promotion-based, and other types of equity grant issuances
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all equity-related transactions, including share usage and shares remaining
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, yearly reporting as required
- Collaborate with legal, finance, and HR teams to communicate materials, compliance, grant process, and management reports
- Collaborate with SOX, Finance, Payroll, Legal and Human Resources on entire stock reporting requirements (including 3921s, 701 disclosures)
- Respond to all executive and employee queries; investor, and other key stakeholder inquiries
- Develop training materials and resources to support employee understanding of equity awards, 409A valuations, tax consequences, and company programs
- Act as point of contact for our outside legal counsel and Carta, as well as lead an eventual migration from Carta to a new equity management vendor
To thrive in this role, you have
- 7-10+ years of progressive stock administration experience
- A CEP certification (preferred)
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity matters with legal, finance, and people teams
- Experience helping a company through the IPO process
- A proven track record of leveraging technology to support growth at scale
- Experience with Carta and other equity management platforms
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, and an ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors, including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📝 Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.