Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Director, External Reporting will be responsible for the managing the company’s external reporting process. The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has strong technical accounting and analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Director, External Reporting position will be located at our headquarters office in San Francisco, CA and report to the Controller.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the Company's external reporting process, including the preparation of supporting schedules and related analysis, to ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP as well as developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies to support the possibility of a public filing, which would include Form S-1 and the related subsequent SEC reporting requirements including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and proxy filings.
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Monitor proposed and enacted accounting pronouncements that affect the Company and make recommendations on implementing changes/compliance.
- Complete projects for management requiring financial analysis and technical accounting research.
- Assist with gathering the information and documentation necessary for quarterly reviews, annual audits, income tax filings and other regulatory filings.
- Develop documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for better financial and operational reporting and an improved control environment.
- Accounting/finance degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum 12 years of accounting related experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience with a CPA or Chartered Accountant certification.
- Strong, current understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience preparing for a US IPO that included filing a registration statement with the SEC a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks and NetSuite a plus.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.