Director, FinOps Audit at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
At Affirm, we are committed to delivering honest financial products that improve lives. With some of the brightest minds working to create innovative products and technologies that support that mission, we are looking for an experienced Financial Operations Audit Leader. This role will contribute to the ongoing development of the Internal Audit function and to Affirm’s efforts to enhance its existing operational and financial risk management capabilities.
An experienced Audit Leader is being sought to contribute to the ongoing development of the internal audit function and to Affirm’s efforts to achieve compliance with requirements associated with its business objectives. This role will directly assist the VP of Internal Audit in all key planning and operating activities of the function and will be instrumental in efforts to impact and influence positive business outcomes.
Core areas of accountability will include providing audit leadership associated with development of the Financial Operations Audit program, maturing the department’s processes, as well as managing and leading impactful audits across the company. The Director of FinOps Audit will contribute to continuous improvement activities across key internal audit activities including internal audit risk assessment processes and developing professional practices aligned with the Institute of Internal Auditors – Internal Professional Practices Framework (IIA IPPF). The Director will be responsible for overseeing and executing financial and operational audits in areas focused on Capital Management, Treasury, Merchant Lifecycle Management, as well as SOX readiness etc.
They will also be responsible for building strong relationships throughout Affirm while providing consultation on risks, governance and internal controls and thereby preserving Internal Audit’s position as a valuable corporate resource.What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the VP of Audit to develop and implement a FinOps Audit program that is commensurate with the size and needs of Affirm.
- Work with business partners to ensure that controls have been defined and sufficient evidence is retained to demonstrate adherence to established controls.
- Building a risk based audit plan that includes an assessment of all relevant risk factors.
- Assist and contribute to Affirm’s Internal Audit strategy and roadmap.
- Contribute to the development of Affirm’s Internal Audit Professional Practices. Assist in the implementation of processes and tools supporting the Practices.
- Lead multiple administrative functions including (but not limited to) scheduling of resources, management of co-sourced audit relationship, and oversight of budget. Oversee the development and publication of audit management reports designed to facilitate the management of the function.
- Ensure overall quality and consistency of audit work, and adherence to department and professional standards for audits. Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Lead and execute audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting interviews, observing operations, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate workpapers, developing audit recommendations, reviewing identified issues with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports.
- Identify and develop audit techniques including continuous auditing, data analysis and monitoring maximizing the Affirm platform and service. Identify and promote audit best practices associated with the use of Affirm’s core platforms, applications and capabilities.
- Actively assist in recruiting, screening, hiring, developing, and mentoring audit colleagues. Champion and maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment and strong group morale.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with management, learning and understanding the business to better provide value-added services, establishing credibility as a management consultant and internal controls resource, and ensuring business partner satisfaction.
- Continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, our industry, and Affirm products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Adhere to and comply with applicable federal & state laws and regulatory guidance, as well as Affirm policies and procedures.
- 12+ years of internal audit experience with a combination of industry and consulting experience.
- Bachelors or equivalent in business, accounting, or other business-related fields. Appropriate certifications in auditing are preferred (i.e. CIA, CPA, CISA, or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience leading a portfolio of audits, concurrent oversight, and execution of multiple projects.
- Experience leading integrated audits that address a combination of financial/operating and technology objectives.
- Demonstrated experience, skills, and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards.
- Written, verbal skills and experience appropriate to executive and board-level reporting and presentation.
- Experience in Financial Services, Retail, SaaS, or technology-related companies is highly preferred.
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.