Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated senior finance professional to join our Finance team and play a critical role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. In this key position, you will act as a thought partner to both the Finance and Product teams, providing financial insights across all product areas and setting our operations up for scalable growth and success. You must be a self-starter, have an ability to communicate complex ideas to senior business leaders, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
A successful candidate will be confident and assertive, have the ability to lead both large and small teams, will provide a strong voice to represent Finance, have the ability to lead cross-functional projects and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a primary finance partner to the Retail Product org; own end-to-end financial planning and manage the full P&L.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Build a high performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Evaluate and advise on growth opportunities such as new product launches, international expansion, and business model changes.
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Identify and drive cross-functional initiatives to improve process, systems and automation to help the business scale
- Work closely with the Finance leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field. MBA from a top tier school is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in FP&A within a top technology and/or financial services company managing full P&L
- Team player and experience managing a small team
- Superb analytical/quantitative and communication skills and strong executive presence
- Ownership mentality and demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion, with high attention to detail
- Demonstrates thought leadership and manages relationships with senior stakeholders
- An attitude to challenge the status quo, managing with a sense of urgency through ambiguities with a desire to consistently raise the bar
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
Nice to haves:
- Management consulting and/or investment banking experience highly desirable
- Anaplan and Google suite experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.