Director, International Tax at Unity Technologies
Take care of business
Responsible financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, and process improvement are what pave the way for Unity to grow and succeed. From day-to-day bookkeeping to compliance and forecasting, our team informs and influences decisions that directly impact Unity’s bottom line.
Director, International Tax
We are seeking a leader to join a collaborative and growing Tax Team! You are a multifaceted international and corporate tax leader with a mix of industry and professional service firm experience with the desire to jump right in and make a difference. Reporting to the Head of Tax, this position will lead Unity's international tax function, advise the tax efforts for M&A tax, and continue building the tax team.
What you'll be doing
- Lead international tax function addressing international tax matters, including planning, financial reporting, and compliance related to Entity org chart optimization, M&A diligence and integration, subpart F, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, foreign tax credits, and cash repatriation
- Own the tax aspects of due diligence, negotiation, structuring, and post-close integration, including serving as the tax team lead in Unity’s M&A Integration Management Office
- Own the international aspects of ASC 740 reporting, disclosure, and SOX compliance
- Collaborate with our transfer pricing team, US team, and teams in Singapore and Copenhagen to build outstanding processes, including automation, developing and implementing changes and/or processes
- Supervise international related global legislative and regulatory changes; assess and advise management on tax impacts to Unity’s operations
- Research and detail international tax issues related to M&A, corporate structuring, and entity rationalization activity in order to provide technical advice to internal partners, including the development of our tax corporate development playbook
- Financial modeling of tax implications of transactional and structural planning alternatives
- Coordinating with external advisors as needed
- Developing strong working relationships among cross-functional teams, including Corporate Development, Finance, Legal, Accounting, and HR
What we're looking for
- Robust international and corporate tax experience in public accounting and/or high-tech industry
- Extensive experience with IP planning, M&A, and org chart optimization
- Deep knowledge of domestic and international corporate tax laws, including a general understanding of state and local tax matters
- Ability to think strategically and identify areas for tax minimization and/or risk reduction
- Proven record of working in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- High level of attention to detail and a passion for data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You might also have
- Experience working at a global SaaS and/or software platform company
- Juris Doctor or Masters in Tax
- Validated knowledge of international aspects of financial reporting and compliance
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.