Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Director, M&A Finance and Integration during an exciting time of growth and expansion at Affirm! The ideal candidate will have passion for technology, innovation and the FinTech ecosystem. You have a track record of successfully owning and executing cross-functional projects with measurable impact.You are comfortable handling multiple - and competing - priorities at the same time. You are detailed oriented without losing the bigger picture
You will own the M&A accounting and integration of acquisitions including accounting project management, coordinating and leading integration activities. You will be involved in sensitive projects and need to maturely handle confidential information.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute the integration strategy and plans for acquisitions
- Develop comprehensive project plans for due diligence through to integration and manage all downstream implications to completion
- Be a thoughtful strategic Accounting partner with cross-functional leaders at all stages of the deal to define and execute upon integration details critical for acquisition success
- Effectively monitor acquisition goals and communicate performance updates to Accounting, Finance and Executive Leadership
- Assess deal models and perform or review financial due diligence on potential acquisition targets
- Advise on financial risks and develop strategies and methods for risk mitigation during deal structuring and target negotiations
- Manage staff and external service providers including diligence advisors, M&A consultants and valuation specialists
- Review definitive agreements to ensure the Company’s positions, in particular positions on financial matters, are adequately reflected
- Project manage transaction close in coordination with finance integration, controllership, treasury, tax, legal and other functions
- Complete post-program reviews, provide feedback and required needs for future projects
- Be the point of contact for project communications across cross-functional Accounting M&A project team as well as the broader M&A team
- Serve as a strategic business partner to develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- CPA required
- 10+ years’ work experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience in transaction services/deals or business / strategy focused role in a startup / technology environment
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and rules and regulations
- Demonstrated application of US GAAP, IFRS to purchase accounting and assessing financial instrument accounting implications
- Proven process for performing complex technical research and analysis from the problem definition stage through facilitating the integration of any new processes
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies, as well as develop and motivate staff
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.