Director, Tax and Treasury at Instacart
As the company’s Director of Tax & Treasury, you will play a key role in expanding the value brought to Instacart by these functional areas. The activities of Tax & Treasury are currently performed by a mix of 3rd party consultants/providers and in-house staff, and the Director will take the lead in developing near- and long-term plans for optimizing that mix as the company continues to scale.
The tax environment as it relates to Instacart’s business is complex and evolving. This is a great opportunity to be a key player in developing and guiding the company’s policies and systems, and being active within the industry and the profession as these emerging issues are forming.
The Director of Tax & Treasury will act as an internal advisor, ensuring decision makers are properly considering the effects and opportunities of multiple tax regimes as we develop plans for expansion, scale, new products and transactions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- US federal, state and international income tax compliance
- Accounting for income taxes (ASC 740)
- Transfer pricing and management fee arrangements with subsidiaries
- Sales/use tax compliance
- Engaging in M&A and all non-standard business activities requiring tax engagement.
- Partnering with the CFO and the CAO to establish the company’s near- and long-term strategies
- Managing banking, broker, and investment management relationships
- An Accounting degree and/or JD
- 8+ years of tax experience in an indirect tax environment
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of tax law, complex tax concepts and its applicability to the business
- High level of comfort and interest in working closely with Product and Engineering teams
- Experienced in managing indirect tax software (i.e. CCH, Vertex)
- Demonstrated passion for process improvements and automation
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivator and able to work independently
- Experience with Oracle or another ERP is a plus
- Public Accounting experience and/or high growth company experience a plus