Finance Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a highly motivated Manager to join our growing FP&A team. The Manager will report to the Senior Director of FP&A, and will serve as a critical business partner across various teams to our fast-growing organization. This position will have a strong focus on headcount management, expense management, performance reporting, and ad hoc analysis. In addition, this role will also be responsible for driving key business decisions and insights, conducting ongoing performance trend analysis, and providing recommendations to grow the business.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, flexibility and adaptability to take on new projects, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare internally distributed management reports, variance analysis, trend analysis, and financial review documents.
- Partner with business leaders in the areas of infrastructure & cloud computing, customer support, fraud, procurement and recruiting to justify business decisions, identify opportunities for process improvement and cost management, and to gain insights to develop accurate expense forecasts.
- Create and maintain complex finance models to support business decision making and forecast efforts while designing and implementing procedures for more efficient reporting
- Manage process and timetables with appropriate business partners to ensure that data-driven forecasts are completed and delivered on time.
- Extract, analyze, and collate data from a variety of sources to create both regular and ad hoc reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics preferred (CPA a plus).
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar analytical or financial role.
- Experience working in high-growth company or division, working closely with cross-functional teams and operating managers
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must have advanced Excel skills.
- Experience building financial and models and creating actionable reporting.
- Uses good judgment and makes decisions as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of databases and querying. SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Host Analytics / Planful and Oracle Financial systems a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.