We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
You will be a key part of the Finance leadership team and work closely with Operations leadership, Strategic Finance and functional leaders to build timely, accurate and reliable systems and processes for financial reporting. To support Miro’s global growth you will help to build and will lead a highly talented globally distributed accounting team.What you’ll do
- Build, manage, and lead an engaged and high-performing accounting organization
- Set strategy and vision for the Accounting team to support the overall Miro company objectives
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues, and drive updates related to new GAAP guidelines.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Select, implement and maintain the new accounting and budgeting systems.
- Work with Finance team to provide inputs to financial models and analyses
- Proven working experience as a Controller or an Assistant Controller in a SaaS business
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Strong relationship management and business partner/advisory skills.
- Excellent health benefits that include medical, dental and vision
- Flexible time off
- Catered lunches + free snacks and drinks
- Brand new office coming soon!
- Team outings
Miro is a leading visual collaboration platform for cross-functional teams in organizations of all sizes. Over 3 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers, and other professionals collaborate, visualize and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have more than 8,000 paying customers from the world's most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others
At Miro, we are a team of dreamers. We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves everyday. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!