At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people across the United States and Canada use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one digital marketing program and payments platform. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year.
Fivestars was launched out of Y-Combinator in 2011 (most recently on Y-Combinator’s Top 75 Companies List for 2019) and has raised over $100 million from notable investors including Lightspeed, DCM, HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Y-Combinator, and others.
Together, let’s love local!
Fivestars is seeking a world class, experienced and hands-on FP&A Manager (newly created position) to support our growth and scale. The FP&A manager is responsible for financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and analytical support to the management team and senior business leaders. The FP&A Manager will collaborate with business partners to drive strategic projects and long-range planning, forecast revenue and operating costs, and support financial review meetings and other ad hoc projects. The FP&A Manager will report to the Head of FP&A, and work closely with the CFO, Controller and other key stakeholders in the business.
A successful candidate should be self-motivated, hands-on, and act as a proactive business partner and demonstrate the leadership capacity to assume increasing responsibility in finance management.
- Develop detailed financial models and analysis for the company’s Strategic Plan
- Support the revenue model and work very closely with our Sales Operations, Business Operations, Marketing, and Accounting teams
- Prepare thoughtful and insightful monthly analysis of variances to budget/forecasts
- Oversee/support monthly forecasting process, including the development of billings and revenue forecasts, cost of sales forecasts, as well as operating expense, capital expenditures, balance sheet, and cash flow statement forecasts
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators in revenue, cost of sales, operating expenses and cash flows
- Drive development and measurement of key performance metrics and proactively share insights with the CFO and Head of FP&A
- Perform ad hoc analysis of sales and operations to help management make key business decisions
- Participate actively in financial due diligence process as necessary
- Prepare analysis supporting key strategic decisions such as addressable markets, valuations, rate of return analysis, payback periods, accretive/dilutive acquisitions, etc
- Work cross-functionally and support other departments
- Work closely with the accounting and other departments to drive the process, data collection and reporting across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive experience in Finance and Accounting, with 3+ years of investment banking or strategy consulting experience from Tier 1 Bank or McKinsey/Bain/BCG
- Netsuite experience with integrated FP&A systems (i.e., Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, Hyperion, etc.) strongly preferred
- Very strong financial modeling and MS Excel skills required
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint required
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical skills required
- Experience working with private, VC-funded technology startups through various stages of growth and scale a strong plus
- SaaS company or technology startup experience preferred, but not required
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.