FP&A Analyst at Mural
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As FP&A Analyst, you will grow our business by providing actionable insights that will help MURAL expand globally. This role is remote, however, you will need to have significant overlap with eastern and pacific time zones. Our belief is simple: the most powerful storytelling is done with numbers. Your role as a FP&A Analyst makes that a reality. You’re responsible for analyzing business performance to uncover trends, insights, and opportunities.
- Business Partnership: Support Senior Manager regarding business strategy, go to market, functional strategy, spending initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis and monthly, quarterly and annual planning.
- Financial Modeling: Maintain and improve financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast and variance process.
- Data Analysis: Produce KPI reporting and root cause trends in KPIs. Prepare insights for variance and key meetings.
- Project Management: Run small sized projects that improve our ability to make better data driven insights or make the company more efficient.
- Communication: Target audience to FP&A management, functional managers and directors.
- Work cross functionally:
- Accounting team on variance analysis
- Finance team on monthly Finance deck
- Operations team to provide unit economics analysis
- Department leaders on forecast updates from prior months results
- Provide monthly analysis of SaaS metrics and peer benchmarking
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- 2+ years of FP&A experience within a SaaS company
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, economics, business or other related fields
- Experience with financial planning software (Adaptive Planning) and NetSuite
- A passion to help others make informed decisions driven by ROI and storytelling with numbers
- Ability to convey complex financial concepts to leaders across the organization
- Outstanding Excel / Google Sheets skills with the ability to manipulate large data sets
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong analytical capabilities
- A hyper-organized and detail-oriented professional
- An entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in fast-paced environments & adapts to change easily
- An expert project manager who can manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.