FP&A Manager at Skillz
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partnersto the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will support the financial planning and strategy of our business. This person will collaborate closely with key stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations to create forecasts and budgets for the entire organization. The ideal candidate has prior experience working at high-growth organizations and has managed forecasting, budgeting, and Finance BI across an organization.
What you’ll do:
- Partner across the business to prepare forecasts and provide insight on corporate planning
- Create the annual budget and maintain Skillz' long-term forecast
- Maintain and enhance company-wide key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard highlighting major metrics across the company
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through insightful financial analysis
- Experience - Applicable work experience in a high-growth environment, preferably in technology
- Analytical Skills - Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills for budgeting/forecasting combined with a strong attention to detail
- Strong Communicator - Can communicate complex analysis in an easily understandable way that is translatable to leaders across the organization
- Influence - Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels of an organization
- Project Manager - Prioritizes time well and knows how to effectively communicate timelines and progress updates to key stakeholders
- Process Oriented - Experience establishing and implementing and adhering to process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment
- Tools - Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SQL; knowledge of cloud-based forecasting software (ex. Adaptive Insights, Netsuite) a plus