FP&A Manager at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a FP&A Lead to join the Finance, Accounting & Strategy Team at Chime, reporting to the Finance Manager. As a member of the Finance team, you will have a key role in developing and shaping our business and financial strategy, as well as execute on a number of high-impact cross-functional initiatives at the company. You will help us build out our planning and budgeting process from the ground up, and you will work closely with team to develop budget tracking and reporting. You will collaborate with business units to drive continuous improvement of KPIs and tracking against budget requirements, and develop dashboards and analytical frameworks that will guide the executive team. We are looking for someone who is an analytical problem-solver and who can break down complex problems into actionable components without losing sight of the overall strategy.
- Financial Planning
- Support the near-term, annual long-range financial planning, and incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders into monthly, quarterly and annual financial plans
- Work closely with business partners to translate financial plans into quarterly budgets that can be incorporated into financial systems and financial models
- Coordinate with business, recruiting and People Operations partners to manage headcount planning processes
- Reporting & KPI Tracking
- Build budget reports, variance analyses, and ROI analyses to track performance against financial plan
- Develop internal reporting to advise and inform Finance team and executive leadership
- Build financial and operational metrics dashboards to report key insights
- Strategic Analysis
- Evaluate revenue and profit opportunity for new products and features
- Collaborate with business units to develop financial models to track and improve KPIs
- Facilitate deal negotiations with vendors and partners, including financial analysis
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A, including at least 2 years in an operational role at a technology or finance / fintech company; prior experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or consulting a plus
- Experience with organizing quarterly and annual planning processes in a lead role; team management experience a plus
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, financial planning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Eagerness to dig into the details and move quickly at a hyper-growth fintech startup
- Proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint; experience with Netsuite, Bill.com, Looker, SQL a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.