FP&A Senior Director--Create Solutions and Strategic Partnerships at Unity Technologies
Unity’s FP&A team partners hand-in-hand with the business to optimize growth, deliver financial predictability and control, enable business and operational alignment, and provide insight to optimize decisions and help ensure shareholder success. We serve as a trusted advisor to the business to guide decision making through collaborative business partner support and innovative and insightful analyses.
We are looking for a self-starting leader with strong business partnership skills, exceptional EQ and communication abilities, who can roll up their sleeves and immerse themselves in the business while operating within a dynamic fast-paced environment.
The primary role of the FP&A Senior Director--Create Solutions and Strategic Partnerships is to provide extensive business partnering and financial support to the CRO-Create Solutions and his leadership team. You will lead all aspects of strategic financial planning, annual budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and decision support for the worldwide Create Revenue Solutions sales organization. This is a cross functional role, where you will partner with multiple business groups including Marketing, R&D, Professional Services, Customer Success, Accounting, Sales Operations, HR, Data and Analytics, and your FP&A colleagues to deliver accurate financial forecasting, meaningful performance updates, and business improvement / insights. This is a high visibility, high impact role where you will interact directly with senior leadership (CEO, CFO and others) on a recurring basis. This position will manage a team spanning multiple time zones across the globe and will report directly to the VP FP&A.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll lead a team of FP&A professionals that are responsible for consolidating, managing and reporting the Create Solutions revenue, expense, HC and business metrics
- Lead, build and develop talent for the Create Solutions Revenue FP&A team
- In partnership with Sales Operations, you will coordinate and manage the monthly top line revenue forecast process with leaders in the field
- Drive financial aspects of Create Solutions strategic planning, annual budget, and monthly forecasting process
- In partnership with the Create Solutions leadership team, establish budgets and HC plans and track and report on actual performance
- Manage forecasting and ad hoc forecasting (monthly and quarterly forecasts, scenario modeling)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - distilling and analyzing the business results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior leaders
- Assist in analysis and presentation of strategic materials for key management meetings
- Identify and execute ad hoc financial analysis to optimize business performance
- Continue to drive process improvement and scalability by developing repeatable business, operational and financial processes widely understood by all key stakeholders
- Identify key market, business and revenue levers, understand how to analyze data so as to drive and inform business decisions and illustrate and highlight trends in data to inform business dialog
- Analyze new business initiatives/verticals and contracts from a financial point of view including investment strategy, return on investment, KPIs, budgeting and impact on the overall company
- Be an expert in underlying data integration/sources critical to the Create Solutions business and problem solve with data analytics teams, Sales Operations, IT, Revenue Recognition and FP&A colleagues to ensure readily accessible operational data
What we're looking for
- 12 - 15+ years of FP&A / corporate finance or relevant work experience in progressive leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in high growth, matrixed environments with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Experience managing teams spanning international geographies
- Experience building financial and decision support models, along with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way
- Intellectual curiosity, fueled by a proactive approach to continuously expand one's skillset
- High proficiency in Excel with the ability to create clear and concise financial models and experience with the financial systems and tools such as Adaptive, SQL, Looker, and / or other BI tools
- Highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
You might also have
- Experience working at a global SaaS and/or software platform company
- MBA / advanced degree
- Proficiency with SQL and other scripting languages
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.