Global Travel & Expense Manager at TripActions
About the Role
The Global Travel & Expense Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of all corporate travel and entertainment expenses incurred on behalf of the company. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to administer the TripActions platform internally. Being responsible for T&E will also place the role in a unique situation to influence our product roadmap as we seek to continuously improve the user experience for T&E managers. The role will also partner with the leadership team to enhance the current travel policy, tracking travel budget and spend, reconciling expenses, and collaborating with other teams and the company at large. The position will report to the Controller and be based in our Palo Alto office.
- Partner with leadership teams to review and enhance existing travel and entertainment policies. Ensure all travel and entertainment policies are economical for the company and in line with local market standards.
- Enhance the processes for reviewing and approving travel expenses to ensure that employees remain in policy. Responsible for enforcing travel and entertainment policy and escalating non-compliance issues to leadership.
- Provide feedback to the Product Team in terms of new features and enhancement requests.
- Review all current policies and procedures regarding company travel and entertainment and identify areas for improvement. Work with leadership to implement efficiencies to existing policies and procedures to ensure a best in class travel and entertainment program.
- Assist the Accounting team in recording and reconciling all travel related activity.
- Work closely with the Finance team to outline travel and entertainment budgets and projections. Reconcile travel budgets against actuals.
- Build and manage a forum for all employee inquiries related to travel and entertainment.
- Partner with the Facilities team and other internal stakeholders for large company events.
- Work with internal Supplier team to establish preferred relationships with external travel partners to ensure optimizing pricing and service for the company.
- Perform regular analysis of travel spend across the company to identify areas of concern, trends, and material changes.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience managing and growing a global corporate travel program
- Ability to clearly communicate and enforce policy
- Strong data and reporting skills
- Motivated self-starter who enthusiastically contributes to the broader team goals
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships across the business
- Experience working in Sage Intacct or similar ERP systems
- Experience working with Expensify, TripActions, or other similar T&E management platforms
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset, detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment