Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is hiring an experienced internal audit leader to help our Chief Financial Officer grow our Internal Audit team at Credit Karma. This role will report to the Audit Committee Chair with day-to-day management by the CFO and will closely partner with leaders in Finance, Legal, Compliance, Engineering and other senior leaders across the company, with key responsibilities as the company grows and moves toward public company readiness. If you’re interested in building out the team and processes to make Internal Audit an even more strategic and collaborative partner at Credit Karma, come join our Finance team!
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
- Oversee the design and operations of Credit Karma’s Internal Audit team, with broad oversight for internal audit operations and activities.
- Providing independent assessment and testing over financial controls and processes including IT and technology controls
- Designing and standing up best-in-class internal audit practices and policies in accordance with professional standards and aligned to the company’s maturity journey.
- Partnering with other compliance and risk management functions to enhance governance, risk management and compliance in a fast-paced but highly regulated environment.
- Preparing executive-level presentations and reporting, as well as practical process and control recommendations linked to company priorities.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, IT or other relevant fields; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years experience in audit or compliance-related roles; significant leadership over an internal audit function desirable
- 5+ years in financial audit, IT/technology audit, or other related experience in a SOX-compliant environment, preferably at a public company
- At least one relevant professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, Chartered Accountant, etc.)
- Work in a pre-IPO company, technology platform company, or dynamic industries with significant regulatory requirements (e.g., financial services) a differentiator
- Proven track record of building and growing high-performing, engaged teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to champion change management and influence diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to articulate a longer-term strategy and vision for the team and lay out a tactical path to achieve that strategy and vision
- Experience having developed a periodic audit plan for Audit Committee approval and monitor departmental progress against plan
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!