Head of Pricing & Yield Management at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As the Head of Pricing & Yield Management, you will play a vital role at Reddit.
The Pricing & Yield Management team at Reddit is part of the Business Operations group and partners with multiple parts of the organization to provide proactive analytical and strategic insights that drive revenue growth.
This role is focused on identifying advertising revenue opportunities through bid floor optimization segmentation, pricing analyses, and predictive modeling. The team then translates the Ads Product and Engineering Marketplace decisions in the Auction platform into opportunities and action plans, working hand-in-hand with stakeholders to drive revenue growth across all channels and geographies.
- Primary liaison with Ads Product, Engineering, and Data Science to build predictive models based on auction arbitrage, bid density, and bid differential to set price floors and ceilings
- Develop algorithmic models in partnership with Ads Product and Engineering leadership to build insight into ads marketplace health and key levers to move revenue
- Collaborate with Data Science on database architecture buildout to pull in data logs and create data pipelines to be able to report on key business metrics and new views
- Analyze auction dynamics and operating point controls: evolve our platform to define and build advanced marketplace controls, across different campaign objectives and bidding models
- Lead yield management efforts to optimize revenue across channels including factoring in the impact of programmatic revenue
- Develop the pricing strategy and financial models to accurately price our media and other products in order to maximize revenue and margin
- Provide senior leadership team with proactive suggestions on ways to optimize yield, providing advanced analytics, media optimization, and algorithm development
- Recommend pricing strategies based on inventory availability, MAU growth and shifts in supply/demand
- Identify and quantify opportunities for data targeting to increase inventory valuation
- Analyze digital ad delivery, ad traffic and audience profile reports as a means of directing our targeting, direct reservation and auction ad sales strategies
- Develop, analyze, and distribute key business metric reporting and insights, for the Advertising organization to monitor business performance and overall yield performance, on an ongoing basis
- Perform data-driven analyses on the data that yield key insights and recommendations into how to drive campaign performance
- Provide inputs and suggestions around campaign set up, targeting, and campaign weighting and optimization model development
- Design approach and execute packaging of key Reddit inventory and assets (i.e. Live!)
- Must be hands-on statistics and machine learning related industry projects
- Proficiency in writing efficient and reliable code in script languages such as Python
- Proficiency in RDBMS, SQL, BigQuery, R, and NoSQL alternatives
- Understand major recommendation algorithms (Collaborative Filtering, Neural Networks)
- Understand various AD optimization algorithms (CTR prediction, eCPM optimization, user targeting and segmentation, RTB and real-time optimization)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Passionate about machine learning and big data
- At least 6 years minimum of online advertising experience, at a large online publisher or network with multiple sites and sales channels
- 3-4 years of dedicated pricing, yield management and inventory management experience required
- Ideal candidate is someone who possesses the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to deal with competing priorities effectively, and work efficiently in a high-paced environment
- Proven quantitative ability and Excel spreadsheet modeling skills
- The ability to present results of complex analyses clearly and to interface with cross-functional teams at all levels of seniority
- Experience with various targeting and viewability measures