Indirect Tax Analyst
DoorDash is looking for an Indirect Tax Analyst to join our growing Tax Team. This role will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting the indirect tax function. You will be reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, Indirect Tax.
As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines, we are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of project management who will support and grow our unique social community via your strong technical tax knowledge and relationship building skills with cross-functional teams.
DoorDash is creating a world-class tax team. Thinking outside of the box and providing creative solutions are given more than lip-service. The answers are always right at your finger-tips with the amazing and supportive finance, operations, product and accounting teams around you. This is the development opportunity for the right individual.About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an analyst willing to learn more than simply how to file and pay returns, for indirect taxes. We are looking for the right person to help with other areas, working to support audits and other areas within tax.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the accurate, timely filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax, property tax renditions in multiple state and local jurisdictions
- Complete business licenses applications
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transaction upload reports to revenue reports, and reconciliation of indirect tax accounts for Financial Reporting
- Support various indirect tax audits, working closely with internal personnel, providing supporting documentation under the guidance of the Senior Tax Manager
- Assist with responses to tax inquiries from customers, vendors, and internal departments & tax jurisdictions
- Assist with other ad hoc projects
- Support various system implementation initiatives
- You have your BA/BS Degree in Accountancy, or a similar field of study.
- You have experience in working in an ERP environment.
- You have over 2 years of Tax experience, with Indirect Tax experience a plus.
- You have experience in using various productivity programs, (Microsoft Office, Google (G-sheets, docs, slides, etc).
- You’re proficient with tax research tools.
- You have strong attention to detail and analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- You’re an independently motivated person with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work independently.
- You’re curious and driven to find the right answer.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional (Preferred) Qualification
- CPA and/or MS in Tax preferred.
- CMI, or CMI candidate
- Experienced working audits, controversy
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.