About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Indirect Tax Manager to join our growing Tax Team. This role will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting the indirect tax function. You will be reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, Indirect Tax.
As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines, we are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of project management who will support and grow our unique social community via your strong technical tax knowledge and relationship building skills with cross-functional teams.
DoorDash is creating a world-class tax team. Thinking outside of the box and providing creative solutions are given more than lip-service. The answers are always right at your finger-tips with the amazing and supportive finance, operations, product and accounting teams around you. This is the development opportunity for the right individual.About the Role
In addition to filing returns, working audits, and all the normal items for an indirect tax role, you will be charged with helping to establish the Indirect Tax function for a growth company. The tax team will engage across teams and work jointly on solving unique tax situations in all arenas of taxation.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with business partners on accurately filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales tax, property tax renditions, and goods & service tax in multiple foreign, state and local jurisdictions on time.
- Review tax returns of others, creating opportunities to find more efficient or effective means to prepare the returns, while mentoring others.
- Maintain monthly sales & use tax changes and incorporation of those changes into our tax engine
- Complete business licenses applications and tracking renewal dates.
- Maintain a filing calendar related to various tax types across multiple jurisdictions.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of transaction upload reports to revenue reports, and reconciliation of indirect tax accounts for Financial Reporting
- Work indirect tax audits, working closely with internal personnel, providing supporting documentation
- Ensure the timely accurate preparation, remittance, and payment of tax returns
- Maintain and expand knowledge of applicable tax laws and accounting rules
- Assist with system integrations & other projects
- Support system implementation initiatives
- Research to support various indirect tax positions
- You have a BA/BS Degree in Accountancy or similar degrees
- You experience in an ERP environment
- You have +8 years of Indirect Tax experience
- Your willingness to share your experience in using various productivity programs, (Microsoft Office, Google (G-sheets, docs, slides, etc)
- You’re shown excellent research skills, especially with tax research tools.
- You have shown strong attention to detail and analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills; as well as, an ability to work well within a team environment.
- You’re an independent, motivated and proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize various work projects.
- You are curious and driven to find the right answer
- You have demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications
- CPA and/or MS in Tax
- VAT experience
- CMI, or CMI candidate
- Experienced working audits, controversy
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.