Inventory Accounting Manager at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purpose—to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage and fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, and real-time coordination with doctors and insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, and delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry and enhancing the quality of life for others.
In 2019 we raised our Series C, surpassed 400 employees across four locations, and achieved $200M ARR. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article “These 50 Start-Ups May Be the Next ‘Unicorns’. Our journey is just beginning, and we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere. We are looking to scaling Alto from three markets today to over 50 markets in 36 months.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking an Inventory Accounting Manager to be a key member of our quickly growing Accounting team. You will be responsible for all inventory accounting, cost accounting and inventory control functions. You will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of Alto’s inventory and you will be the go-to person for inventory accounting in the company. As a result, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision making and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate will have a forward-thinking approach to efficient accounting processes in a fast paced, high growth environment and the ability to clearly communicate deliverables and recommendations.
Reporting to the Controller, the Inventory Accounting Manager will:
What You'll Do:
- Lead month end inventory close processes including review of month end journal entries, fluctuation analysis, and reconciliation of inventory, good received not invoiced and PPV accounts
- Prepare summarized month end reporting for the senior management team around product costs, month over month and quarter over quarter improvements, and cost drivers
- Work with internal finance, engineering, and operations teams to strengthen the end-to-end inventory processes, identify and implement automation efforts and document controls
- Prepare weekly standard costing / purchase price variances analysis including identifying and explaining variances to product costs
- Work with operations teams to analyze inventory for potential excess and obsolete reserves and make related entries in accordance with the company’s policies
- Implement three-way matching process and maintain accurate costing of all products and ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Identify opportunities to improve processes throughout the supply chain, while collaborating with cross-functional teams on owned processes, to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage the overall physical inventory process, work closely with operations and auditors to ensure a robust inventory counting process
- Act as point inventory liaison for external auditors for year-end audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors and analyzing data. Collaborate with internal team and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of inventory and cost accounting experience; must have experience managing high volumes of inventory with a large number of SKU’s
- Thorough knowledge of applicable inventory processes, US GAAP, systems, internal controls, and corporate procedures
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience working in a large-scale ERP system with standard costing and inventory modules
- Excelled computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Passionate about building a young company and comfortable working in a fast-past changing environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively in order to ensure personal, department, and company wide goals are accomplished
- Proven ability to thrive working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to self-reflect, learn, and be honest about development areas
- Experience with ERP system implementation a strong plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or similar field
- CPA is a plus
You’ll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced and ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level and want to be part of Alto’s success.
- Want a passionate, humble, and exciting culture
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.