Manager, Finance Compensation Systems
The Strategic Finance team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. You will model the future and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution. You'll extract insights from data, build business cases for new projects, and collaborate to design and launch pilots. You'll lead some of the most impactful projects we undertake. You'll report to the Senior Manager of Sales Finance.About the Role
You'll report to the Senior Manager of Sales Finance. You will improve Anaplan, establishing best-practices to automate routine processes, and scaling our tools to meet future needs. You will collaborate across organizations to improve and establish processes to ensure our next stage of growth. We’re looking for someone to implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee the current models within Anaplan and build future models and enhancements based agreed-upon the road map that you will develop
- Manage the ongoing administration of Anaplan, including user roles and permissions, architecture of lists, modules, and dashboards, data flow and integrations, automation batch scripting, etc.
- Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide, long-term technical solutions
- You will be an essential contributor to forecasting activities to achieve business and our goals.
- Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Build a vision for excellent finance systems and develop a future road map of where DoorDash should invest, and project-manage future implementations from start to finish
- Communicate with leaders and guide strategic decision-making with Finance team members
- Prepare clear and easy to understand models with a focus on assumptions and scalability of model outputs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant fields
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with 2+ years of model building experience in Anaplan
- Hands-on experience designing and supporting Anaplan integration with other business systems like NetSuite
- You're experienced partnering with all levels of diverse collaborators
- You have a deep knowledge of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- You enjoy researching issues and providing impactful resolutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions)
- You have a desire to manage projects from Day 1
- SQL experience preferred, or desire to learn
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.