The Strategic Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution.About the Role
We are looking for someone who will help drive our strategy and execution in International Markets. You will be the strategic thought partner to key stakeholders across DoorDash to ensure we are making the most efficient investment and capital allocation decisions while consistently improving the experience for all of our Consumers, Dashers and Merchants. You will lead financial reporting, forecasting, and planning, and will be expected to drive financial insights and direction for all of our operational decisions and strategies.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the full P&L and understand all the levers to optimize our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Be the Finance voice at the decision making table
- Deep-dive into complex operational questions and collaborate cross-functionally outside Finance (Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal) as well as within Finance (Accounting, Analytics, BI) to uncover the most optimal data-driven business decisions and investments
- Be the source of truth for weekly financial reporting and forecasting, and quarterly financial planning for the business
- Identify key opportunities & risks to the business, quantify and evaluate the impacts, propose a solution and investment case, and ensure efficient execution
- 5+ years of Strategic Finance, Corporate Finance or Investment Banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners at all levels within an organization
- Proven success in project management and managing budgets for major functional areas within an organization
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills. Able to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size the impacts of opportunities and business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Basic SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn). Able to manipulate large data sets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and meaningfully improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Experience with marketplace, logistics or consumer business a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.